Efficient management of the service operation is essential for growing companies that service technical or industrial products. Increasing productivity, conserving resources and improving responsiveness are very high priorities for them. Best-in-class service-centric organizations have found that a highfunctioning management system plays an important role in taking the service operation– from the call center to field service and depot repair–to the ultra efficient level required to meet the organization’s goals. Infor Field Service is exactly that robust, flexible service management system. It provides smooth information flow between multiple functions and throughout the entire service lifecycle. Its deep logic manages the functions associated with field service, such as service request orders, incidents and scheduling/dispatch. Just as efficiently, Infor Field Service also manages the complex functions of depot center and relationships with subcontractors and vendors. Web and mobile access are other capabilities important to organizations with remote technicians and depot centers.
Infor Field Service makes a company more efficient, more effective and easier to do business with. It helps improve service, performance and bottom-line profits. Infor Field Service leads to a streamlined, successful service organization.
Flexible Work Orders
Infor Field Service Work Order Management provides flexibility to support any type of service, from simple breakfix service calls to complex, multiphased installation projects, refurbishment jobs, advanced exchanges and preventive maintenance visits. Configurable templates save time and enforce consistency in planning and recording labor, material and miscellaneous transactions.
Tracking planned vs. actual transactions provides up-to-date analysis of each service call, including such details as P&L per technician. Multiple billing options, such as time & materials, fixed price and non-billable activities, are also supported.
Incident Escalation and Workflow Automation
Keep issues from “falling through the cracks” and service level agreements in compliance. Configurable priority status determines how
incidents are escalated, from email notification to status change, event creation or owner change. The escalation can be triggered by due date, follow-up or other warning points. Automating unique business processes also saves valuable time.
Workflow automation pushes information through Microsoft Exchange Server to both internal and external users, making sure employees, remote technicians, customers, subcontractors or vendors are notified and their responses captured–ensuring best practices can be followed every time.
Asset-centric Service Management
Critical equipment demands reliable service. Highly configurable, Infor Field Service is ideally suited to manage the service and maintenance of complex, high-value, mission-critical equipment and systems. Visibility of service history, warranties and component data ensures critical uptime and service level compliance for the most demanding customers.
Track and manage all customer issues from initial call through final resolution.
- Incident event communication log
- Online resolution/knowledge search
- Customer/unit service history access
- Visibility of contract entitlements
- Technician availability lookup
- Automatic issue escalation
- Web & phone system integration options
Offer flexible service contract options for increased profits.
- Coverage of multiple sites & pieces of equipment
- Percent labor & parts coverage
- Preventive maintenance schedules
- Service level agreement (SLA) compliance
- Multiple pricing & billing options
- Deferred revenue & amortization control
- Equipment rental management
Match people, parts and customer requirements to improve first-time fix rates.
- Recommended tech(s) based on skills, certifications and location
- Automatic preferred partner dispatch
- Flexible, configurable drag-and-drop scheduling board
- Appointment detail drilldown from scheduling board
- Truck stock inventory lookup via Service Order drilldown
- User-specific scheduling board profiles
- Optional integration with Microsoft MapPoint™
Profitably manage field techs to perform break-fix, preventive maintenance or installation services.
- Labor, material & miscellaneous cost tracking
- Technician revenue & profitability management
- Configurable service order templates
- Service order estimating & quote conversion
- Field technician truck stock inventory tracking
- Infor Field Service Mobile Notebook or Pocket PC Editions
- Mobile access to customer & unit history
Analyze financial and operational data with built-in reports and analysis tools for real-time visibility and informed decision-making.
- Built-in Crystal Reports with Report Designer
- Sales analysis by customer, product, service order & more
- Profitability by service order, job, technician, hours worked/billed
- Optional Executive Dashboard real-time alerts
- Business Intelligence Suite data warehousing option
- Built-in & configurable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Microsoft Excel pivot table export capability
Track serialized units from return authorization through shipping & receiving, estimate and repair.
- Return service management support
- Multi-level repair order lines & operations
- Repair procedure templates with planned labor & material
- Barcode enabled data collection
- Complete packing & shipping paperwork
- Support for core tracking & advanced exchanges
- Online return transaction support
Infor Field Service Web
The optional web module for Infor Field Service extends the system to service centers, field personnel, subcontractors, suppliers, dealers, distributors and customers for access to key information when and where it is needed. The web portal provides Internet-based secure access to information, such as warranty registration and claims, service orders, parts inventory and incident creation.
Infor Field Service Mobile
The optional mobile module for Infor Field Service means field personnel can stay connected and productive. Using Microsoft Windows Mobile Pocket PCbased PDAs, they can maintain access to vital information–such as parts inventory, unit configuration, maintenance history and warranty status–and update incident reports as well as track labor/time and material expenses.
Komax, a global manufacturing and service network for wire processing systems and assembly equipment, depends on Infor Field Service to streamline its service operation, track critical issues and maintain productivity of service technicians while in the field.
Komax is one of the world’s leading builders of wire processing systems and assembly automation equipment. Because of its rapidly growing customer base and demand on field technicians, Komax faced several challenges. The Swiss-based company needed a new service management software system to help maintain their reputation for world class service and support. After reviewing several options, Komax selected Single Source Infor Field Service because of its strong incident tracking, work order management, warranty tracking and its unique “as-serviced” equipment configuration capabilities. Additionally, Infor Field Service provided the most extensive integration with their ERP system for a total, integrated solution. With Infor Field Service Mobile, field technicians significantly improved productivity and had access to customer information while onsite. Overall, because of Infor Field Service, Komax has enjoyed new levels of efficiency and productivity throughout its service organization.
Proven Across Several Industries
Infor Field Service functions effectively for manufacturers, distributors and independent service organizations working in many asset service-intensive industries, including:
- Aerospace systems & components
- Boats, yachts and marine
- Capital & industrial equipment
- Fire & security systems
- High-tech electronics
- HVAC & mechanical
- I.T. equipment & networking
- Laboratory & diagnostic devices
- Medical capital equipment
- Specialty vehicles (motorhomes, fire trucks, ambulances, etc.)
- Telecommunications equipment