Know the value of Change Management
Employee involvement is essential
Foster real change with sustainable initiatives.
Change must be ongoing and sustainable to succeed. It only takes hold when employees continue to do “something different” over time while consistently looking for new improvements. Achieving a culture change within an organization involves deliberate, intentional steps that start an honest assessment of the current operations and culture. They include:
- Development of baseline conditions and data
- Outlining the company’s core competencies to support the desired culture
- Having a clear, well documented vision of the desired state
- Determining the decision making process – why change, what to change, who’s involved, and how to do it
- Understanding the need for Structure, Policy, Process, Business Systems, and the strong link between each
- Delivery of consistent messages throughout the organization
- Encouraging and rewarding desired behaviors and outcomes
Leading Successful Change Initiatives.
During our 20-plus years of experience, we have learned a lot from the successes and failures of manufacturing companies attempting to implement small and large-scale change initiatives without the support of an external facilitator.