Introducing Quality Assurance that adapts to Your Business Needs.
Meets and exceeds most all regulatory compliance standards, making ISO recertification incidental.
Increase productivity while maintaining and improving quality.
VISUAL Quality Management’s functionality ensures that product designs become production realities. Differentiate your company from industry competitors through superior quality, customer service and productivity through superior customer service and productivity.
VISUAL Quality Management is a fully integrated total quality management suite that addresses quality assurance issues throughout your operations. You can establish, track, and manage every engineering activity and supply chain expectation while supporting business growth and profitability goals.
You will create critical manufacturing specifications for products, processes, equipment, and measuring devices, and improve enterprise team collaboration with vendors, customers, and employees.
VISUAL Quality Management provides tools to help you automate associated design, pre-production, production, and post-production activities; expertly manage business performance; and easily collect, control, and analyze quality system data.
- Manage engineering processes from concept and design through all phases of product development. Engineering Project Management
- Initiate and drive short- and long-term engineering activities such as new product development, new OEM projects, and other critical activities. Product Data Management (PDM)
- Unite part master information, Bill of Material detail, design characteristics, and key production specifications into one database environment to achieve complete control over products.
- Maintain critical product and process specifications with associated equipment, device, inspection, and control charting as defined in Product Data Management and Process Management.
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) – Design review of possible variation for both products and processes is supplied with FMEAs. Calculate RPNs, prioritize continuous improvement projects via analysis of FMEA results, and automatically communicate FMEA review ticklers to employees when related products or processes change.
- Create inspection plans linked to statistical process control (SPC) for engineering review and evaluation.
Provides pre-production process studies for performance or capability analysis through measures and graphs, including:
- Cpk—Process Capability Index for a stable process
- Ppk—Process Performance Index for a chronically unstable but predictable pattern process
- Short- and Long-Term Studies—Understand process variation; view more than a specified index value
- Frequency Histogram—Graphical presentation of a frequency of the measurements’ distribution
For monitoring production runs including:
- Xbar and r—Average and Range
- Xbar and sigma—Average and Standard Deviation
- X and MR—Individual (or Run Chart) Moving Range
- P as a %—Percentage of non-conforming items in each sample
- Np—Number of non-conforming items in each sample
- Centralize the location, change history, and document audits for electronic and physical documents.
VISUAL Quality Management SPC
- Color-coded six sigma chart zones
- Automatic recalculation of control limit statistics via secured access
- On-screen cause notations or Process Log tied to Subgroups
- Embedded Western Electric Rules of Control
- Automated Basic or Advanced SPC monitoring capabilities
- Instant drill-down to date, time and subgroup detail
- Automatic and continuing calculation of process capability statistics
- Precontrol or Rainbow charts
- Use tools for preventive and reactive maintenance, including equipment and tooling lists, integrated ERP and Preventive Maintenance scheduling, work order generation, spare part and equipment usage, Preventive Maintenance records, and more.
- Identify problems that can positively or negatively impact operations before the product reaches shipping or material review board personnel.
- Involve suppliers, customers, and employees through documented and addressed feedback, advanced quality planning, and individual or team training.
- Manage either manual or automated ERP/Regular incoming and ERP/Skiplot inspections for customer-specified and internal receiving requirements.
- Prepare control charts and perform management direction, planning, gage capability, process control and capability analysis, sampling plan preparation, and process detail documentation.
- Document, schedule, and track devices and test equipment for management.
- Develop, track, inventory, schedule, and perform time-consuming tasks involved in managing human resources.
- Schedule and track all preventive and reactive maintenance.
- Automated scheduling around pm activities
- Detect, assign, and track continuous improvement activities using complete problem-solving details.
Corrective Actions and 8 Discipline (8D) Reports
- Manage assignments and performance with the system-wide task manager.
Cost of Quality and Audit Management
- Assess and control overall business performance and establish best direction for bottom line improvement.
VISUAL Quality Management Workflow Tools
System-wide Task Management and Enterprise Team Collaboration
- Use the single point-of-reference window, My To Do List, to analyze all activities within the system, access employee work overload conditions, reassess priorities, and assign additional human resources.
- Record, schedule, and track resource usage and project assignment completion.
- Manage your end-to-end e-business strategy from product conceptualization to multi-site worldwide distribution with the manufacturing business process as the central point.
- Employ e-mail messaging in conjunction with direct database-driven notification and activity tracking for individuals inside and outside the company.
Click here to add your own text
1. Supplier Management
2. Customer Management
3. Employee Management
4. Document Management
5. Product Documentation
6. Process Management
7. Preventive Maintenance
8. Calibration Management
9. Inspect/Data Collection
10. Statistical Process Control
11. Nonconformance Management
12. Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA)
13. Advanced Product Quality Planning
14. Production Part Approval Process
15. Cost of Quality
16. Audit Management
Each of these areas can be used independently or in an integrated fashion with one another. If you use them together, information is passed from one module to another with complete visibility of workflow steps and traceability as needed when problem solving or resolving internal or external audit issues.
Infor Visual Quality includes more than 400 reports; forms, master lists, due date reports and trend analyses with charts.
Task and Team Management
Groupware/Collaboration are built-in with direct email activation and functionality, data sharing across modules and functions, user-defined workflow with alerts and notifications (smart process flow charts), real-time “To Do Lists” for each user, automatic scheduling and event management. You can build and manage teams, groups, etc., and collaborate between employees, supplier representatives, and customers.
All 16 systems come with both Level II (procedures) and Level III (work instructions with screen captures) Word document templates for all functionality. This option can be used as comparison documents when moving from your current quality systems into the Visual Quality Management solution. It is important to use Infor Visual Quality to the complexity that your company needs it for.
- Consolidated Knowledge Management – Anyone. Any time. Anywhere. Effective continuous improvement initiatives have strong knowledge management as their foundation. With VQM you will move from disparate paper, Access databases and Excel spread sheets to a supply chain quality assurance electronic records system.
- Negative Trends Detection/Risk Management – Minimize Error/Maximize Outcome – You can get hurt. If negative trends are not detected in a timely manner and eliminated then cost of goods sold increases while earnings decrease. It’s not a one-to-one! For every 10% increase in COGS, 30% decrease in Revenues. With VQM you can reverse these numbers. 10% decrease in COGS, 30% increase in Revenues.
- Cost-effective Compliance Management – You are at risk. You have achieved your quality assurance standards’ and regulations compliance/certification. Next you will face cost-effective maintenance and management of your systems.
- Speed – Improved teamwork, supply chain collaboration and employee effectiveness
- Built-in Groupware/Collaboration with direct email activation and functionality
- Data sharing across quality systems and functions
- User-defined workflow with alerts and notifications (smart process flow charts)
- Real-time “To Do Lists” for each user
- Automatic scheduling and event management
- Improved supply chain efficiency and effectiveness
Performance focus management and continuous improvement without hiring new people, buying new equipment or adding new sales numbers, through real-time quality business systems management.
Breaking down traditional manufacturing barriers between Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Quality is the first step. Promoting collaborative, “dimensional quality thinking” across your company is what you now face. What if everyone had access to quality details and lessons-learned to help minimize his/her errors and maximize your company’s profit?
VISUAL Quality Management Supports Standards and Regulations
As an enterprise management system, Infor VISUAL Quality Management supports numerous industry standards, including:
- ISO9001:2000 and ISO9004:2000 – International Quality Management and Performance Improvement Standards
- ISO/TS16949 – Automotive Industry
- AS9000 and AS9100 – Aerospace Industry
- D1-9000 BQS and AQS – Boeing Advanced Quality System
- ISO 14001 – International Environmental Management
- ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 – Testing and Calibration Labs
- TL9000 – Telecommunications Industry
- FDA cGMP, QSR, ISO 13485/ISO 13488, EN46001/EN46002, 21 CFR Part 11 – FDA Medical Device Standards
- MS-9000 – Ford Materials Management System*
- SAE J4000 – Lean Manufacturing Operations Standard
- M-1003 – Association of American Railways
- M-110.2 – Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment
- CE – European Compliance
- MIL-I-45208 and MIL-Q-9858 – Military Quality Assurance Systems
- When used with other software applications available in the Infor VISUAL suite.
Automotive Industry Solutions
Infor VISUAL ERP system Quality Management offers specific tools for automotive suppliers of all tiers who operate under the QS-9000 or ISO/TS-16949 standards.
These tools include:
- A complete Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Project Management module.
- A Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) manager, including Submission Warrants, Appearance Approval, and Color Evaluation.
- All required reports standardized to AIAG formats.
- Automatic generation of Inspection and Control Plans.
- An integrated design and process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) module.
- OEM-specific reports, such as the Ford Supplier Request for Engineering Approval and GM’s Interim Approval Worksheet.
- A built-in 8D format for Corrective Actions (CARs).
- Complete Gage Reproducibility and Repeatability (Gage R&R), Bias, Stability, and Linearity studies.
- System-wide Cost of Quality module and reporting. In conjunction with other modules in Infor VISUAL, the Infor VISUAL Quality Management system supports additional AIAG and automotive industry requirements, such as the Ford MS-9000 Materials Management System standard.
“The Strategic Business Services division held an 8D Problem Solving Workshop at our facility. The workshop provided training and part of the session included breaking into teams and working on real problems in our company. The 8D program presented at the workshop contributed to immediate improvement in our problem solving activity, helping to lower cost and reduce lead-times.”
David Ryti is the Director of Quality for Omni Components located in Hudson NH. Omni is dedicated to providing engineered solutions and precision machining services to Customers engaged in medical, aerospace, optical, communications, electronics, instrumentation and commercial high-tech markets requiring precise components manufactured to demanding specifications. A total commitment to quality is the strength of the Omni organization, as they work to ensure strict attention to Customer service and expectations.
“Many people believe that the implementation of a QMS software package, like Visual Quality, is the starting point to building a solid Quality data collection program, install the software and plug in the data. Not true. Your processes must be in place well in advance. But how well are you doing with that? Synergy Resources helped us determine just that with their Quality Assessment. Synergy Resources provided an unbiased, current state look into our company’s quality management systems as it related to our business, not just to a specific quality standard audit. They provided solid feedback and participated in subsequent internal conversations to help guide us forward into our current phase, the implementation of Visual Quality.”
Lori Mullen, Director of Information Systems
“After attending a Synergy Resources Operational Boot Camp put on by the Strategic Business Services Division we immediately implemented ideas presented at the workshop that contributed to a significant improvement in our on-time delivery. We continue to use the handbook provided during the workshop to remind us of the techniques that can be applied throughout the business to bring forth performance improvements.”
Alain is the Director of Operations for Olympus NDT, Quebec. Olympus NDT provides an industry-leading portfolio of innovative test, measurement, and imaging instruments. Olympus instruments are used in industrial and research applications ranging from aerospace, power generation, petrochemical, manufacturing, and automotive to consumer products. Olympus instruments contribute to the quality of products and add to the safety of infrastructure and facilities.
“In a time where manufacturing companies in America are struggling to survive, Synergy Resources Strategic Business Planning Program has provided our company with a roadmap to achieve World-Class performance. This program has re-energized our employees and our management team and focused our company on growth and efficiency through operational excellence. Through the execution of this program we now understand the opportunities we have for improvement and we are excited about our future and the prospect of continuing our partnership with Synergy’s Strategic Business Services team.”
Richard Meisenheime; President & Second Generation Owner
Spectrum Associates in Milford CT provides Component Design and Manufacturing services to the Aerospace, Defense, and Commercial markets. The companies diverse product line includes, but is not limited to; Hydraulic Sub-Systems, Fuel Sub-Systems and Precision Assembly as well as Rebuild/Repair and Rapid Prototype services. With a reputation in the industry for Superior Quality, the Shortest Lead Time and Unrivaled responsiveness to customer needs, Spectrum has positioned itself as a company with a very bright future.
“Synergy Resources really stands out in their quality, attentiveness, and competence. No other ERP vendor that I contacted has spent the time and effort with us that Synergy did, and delivered both strategic business consulting and an implementation plan that addresses all of our concerns. As a small business manufacturer that is looking to grow significantly in the next five years, I believe that Synergy Resources will be a valuable strategic partner.”
Elizabeth Keefe is the Director of Operations for Howard Glass. Howard Glass is a manufacturer of flat glass serving a variety of glass product industries, such as Optical, Glass Product Manufacturing, Electronic and Biomedical industries. Exceptional processes developed by Howard Glass give them an unmatched capability of delivering flat glass as thin as 0.1 mm. They also provide rapid turn-around services for ground glass and are recognized both as the only distributor of B270 in North America as well as the only manufacturer of glass signal mirrors in the world. For over 60 years, Howard Glass has been a family run business and leading provider of low volume, flat glass products world-wide.
Cabot Hosiery Mills
“On the advice of Synergy Resources Strategic Business Services, Synergy Resources facilitated a business process mapping session. The entire Cabot group was very pleased with the process mapping that took place over the past three days. They now understand the need to change our processes, and are enthused to get moving. We very much appreciate the efforts of Synergy Resources Strategic Business and Application service groups on our behalf. As I said during the event, if there was somewhat of an unknown before starting the project with Synergy’s commitment and professionalism, those concerns are completely gone. As I told the team this morning, we are in the big leagues now.”
Stephen J. Kelley
Cabot Hosiery Mills, Inc. is the last remaining mill in New England. In an era of outsourcing and corporate take overs, this Northfield VT company is still true to its roots. Family owned and run, in Vermont, since 1978. In a word, local. As a quality driven manufacturing company Cabot has both the experience and a reputation for quality that they back it with a lifetime guarantee.