There is a Better Solution!
Companies that use QuickBooks typically resort to manual rekeying and time-intensive reconciliations within spreadsheets – a tedious and even high-risk process, especially for growing companies. As your transactions increase, controls and reporting become more critical, making the entry-level bookkeeping system insufficient to scale and support growth.
When considering whether your business is outgrowing QuickBooks, ask yourself these business-critical questions:
- Are you using bolt-on products or Excel spreadsheets to manage your inventory movement, distribution or manufacturing operations?
- Are you finding it difficult to comply with auditors’ guidelines mandating segregating duties, securing transactions from editing, and maintaining transactional integrity and controls?
- Are you finding that QuickBooks falls short on functionality for dealing with complex revenue models, and your finance team must resort to over-utilizing spreadsheets that lack appropriate controls and visibility of recognized revenue?
- Does your company have multi-entity / multi-currency operations with complex accounting processes that require you to report on each entity in accordance with local and international standards?
- Do you want your accounting system to be synced with your CRM, HR, and operations functions to give you visibility into the “whole account” across multiple departments to drive business value and make smarter decisions?
- Do you want real-time visibility into financials and beyond. Recording financial transactions is only one piece of the operational puzzle. Developing KPI’s (key performance indicators) that cut across departmental boundaries is only possible if those departments share a common platform for their applications.
If your organization is outgrowing QuickBooks, making a switch to a cloud-based ERP system like Acumatica might be a great option for you. You can retain strong accounting functionality while integrating things like complex inventory management, production scheduling, material requirements planning, and much more.
We put together a features comparison chart of Acumatica vs. QuickBooks
Hear from one customer why they moved from QuickBooks to Acumatica...
We Can Help Accelerate Your Business!
QuickBooks offers a good starter accounting package at a good price. However, it is designed to handle basic accounting only. To manage business processes outside of financials requires an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution, which can handle accounting and financial management needs along with other business requirements, such as manufacturing, distribution, and much more.
Book a free consultation with us to learn the advantages of moving from QuickBooks to an ERP system, as well as the advantages of choosing a cloud-based ERP solution such as Acumatica.