These days the manufacturing world is abuzz about ERP, and keen to know the benefits of using it.
So, what is enterprise resource planning? Well, in simple terms it is a modern enterprise system that helps organizations plan, track and manage their businesses in an efficient manner. It is a software that drives a company’s internal processes towards efficiency in terms of performance and profitability.
More and more businesses are implementing ERP software to ensure sustainability and growth of their ventures. However, every system has a lifeline; and it might get outdated over a period of time. Although software does not come with a defined “best before date”, there are tell-tale signs that could indicate that it’s time to move on to a new system. You can always connect with Synergy Resources to get your current ERP system revamped to find the best solution for your company.
Signs that your ERP system is outdated:
- The current system was installed 3-4 years ago.
Technology moves fast; and even if your system was said to be a highly scalable one at the time it was deployed, chances are that you could be missing out on a lot of features. Maybe it’s time to consult an ERP solutions service provider to learn how the latest technology could help your company.
- Laid-back customer support – Over a period of time, the need for proactive support on the ERP system may go up as it gets outdated. However, if your ERP provider is not offering you the required level of support, perhaps you should move on to find the one that will fulfil your requirements.
- An increase in work turnaround –In case your ERP system is not providing optimal results, the chances of work turnaround shoot up! For example, if you have to depend on manual reporting for certain processes, you should reconsider continuing with the same ERP.
- Timelines –If your current system does not deliver on time, then it’s a problem. For example, if the best your ERP can deliver is weekly reporting on something that needs to be brought out on a daily basis; then perhaps it’s an outdated system.
- Customer needs taking a back seat –Enterprise Resource Planning software is implemented to ensure high level of customer service. It’s a big concern if you are unable to fulfill customer expectations just because your ERP system is not good enough for it.
- ERP provider is charging too high for support –Many times, ERP vendors overcharge business owners for extended support, especially if the system has been in use for more than 3-4 years. This makes it all the more important to look for the latest software for the best use of your investment.
In case you have been observing any or all the above situations, it is perhaps the time for an updated ERP system to suit your business needs. Why not utilize ERP consultation services by Synergy Resources and learn what a cutting-edge Enterprise Resource Planning software can do for your business!