OPERATIONS TEAM LEAD
About the Job
As the Operations Team Lead, you will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects identified by the Business Unit Directors. You will be expected to work collaboratively within and across Synergy business units to help implement a culture of continuous improvement and to oversee and execute all aspects of assigned projects including but not limited to: assemble task teams, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, conduct workshop events, monitor programs and summarize the progress of all projects in business update reports. The Operation Team Lead reports to the Business Unit Director of the Business Performance Solutions Group and is a supervisory role within the business unit. In this role, you will serve as a change agent, solve problems and drive the improvement efforts of the Company, the Business Performance Solutions Group and our valued customers. This includes, and is not limited to:
- Developing and standardizing service offerings,
- Developing improvement strategies and programs for existing customers,
- Hiring and overseeing staff, establishing mentor / training programs for employees and new hires and assigning tasks and activities to team employees.
- Conduct ERP Optimization reviews, as needed,
- Business operational assessments, and other services as well as to conduct customer follow up,
- Overnight Travel, as required.
- Staff and train qualified resources
- Secure customer confidence
- Support Proposal and Sales efforts
- Convert opportunities to revenue
- Plan and meet assigned tasks and schedules
- Support employee development and team building
- Achieve team resource utilization and revenue goals
- Work collaboratively within and across Synergy business units
- Standardize departmental/functional team processes for delivering services
- Oversee your team’s customer engagements to ensure complete satisfaction
- Support company policies and strategic plans and help to improve them
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering, Operations, or related Business field or equivalent working experience preferred
- 3-5 years working in a leadership management position in a discrete manufacturing environment. (Preferably Operations Management)
- 2-4 years’ hands-on experience applying in a discrete manufacturing and office environment.
- Prior experience in ERP Implementation either internally via an organization or externally with a consulting firm or ERP software provider (Visual Manufacturing experience a plus)
- Strong knowledge of operational processes as they apply to commercial operations, procurement, production planning, scheduling, inventory management, document control and engineering change order processes and Quality standards.
- A strong business knowledge of Financial processes
- Proficient with best practices in ERP system implementation methodologies
- Familiarity with CRM, ERP and QMS Systems in the manufacturing environment.
- Strong project coordination and organizational skills.
- Good problem solving skills and experience.
- Ability to use and analyze information to establish priorities and carry out improvement activities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of an organization.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of a customer’s organization to maintain relationships and cooperation in pursuing improvement goals.
- Must be able to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
- Ability required to rely on this knowledge, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, for which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Seek, share and institutionalize best practices where applicable.
About the Benefits
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
About Synergy Resources
Synergy Resources LLC (USA) and Synergy International Group ULC (Canada) specialize in Business Consulting & Enterprise software sales and implementation for small to mid-size manufacturing companies throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Central Islip, New York, we have helped customers improve delivery performance, reduced cost of sales, increase revenue, improve visibility to key metrics, as well as provide change management and business process improvements due to our unique tools and expertise.